Monday, June 23, 2008

Working Title: Hey Baby What's Shaking

I've decided to write my own novel. I've read a few, so how hard can it be? Titling, I think, will be the hardest part, they're always so clever aren't they? Maybe Ro can help me with that one, in the meantime we're going to call it Hey Baby, What's Shaking?





Chapter One


Aaahhh, Delphina sighed as she waved at the car pulling away from the curb. The last one out of the nest, time for me, finally. Delphina had been happy to put her life on hold for the last thirty-four years to raise her seven brothers and sister after her parents had been so tragically cut down in their prime in an ugly skiing accident on Lake Okeechobee in the summer of '74. She herself had been only two at the time but someone had to take charge and keep the family together, and that someone had been her. Now with little Willie finally off the study the mating habits of the African Dung Beetle, Delphina could really start her life. First things first, she had to find a man and get rid of that pesky maidenhead that's been bothering her so much lately. Now, where to look?


Fabian was bored with life as a multi-billionaire sexy playboy professional athlete celebrity. He'd driven the fastest cars and even faster women and was tired of seeing his face, along with the latest super model de jour, on the cover of The Twiddler, the infamous celebrity rag. His father had just that morning threatened to cut him off without a penny if he didn't settle down and start producing heirs this very minute. Darn, Why didn't he finish that degree in wildlife management while he'd had the chance? Eight years at Oxford and another four at Harvard and nothing to show for it but a few varsity jackets and a hat with a propeller on it. He needed a wife and fast. Now where to find one?


Just then, as Fabian screeched his hundred thousand dollar Italian sports car around the corner on two wheels, Delphina was stepping off the curb...It was kismet.
To be continued...

6 comments:

Oberon said...

......i have three chickens......i call them my girls.

ScrappyTams said...

Can't wait to read the next installment. I am on the edge of my seat!

I told you you could write a nove.

t.

ScrappyTams said...

Obviously I can't. . . correction. nove = novel!

Rowena said...

Ed,
Exactly how many more minutes is it until the next installment is posted?
L,
Ro

Edwina said...

Darn, I hadn't thought of a chapter two. If I had a chapter two in me, I might be a tax paying member of society.

L,
E

Rowena said...

Ed,
You ol' tease!

RO