Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tripoley and Covered Dishes

One Thursday each month I get together with a group of ladies and play a game called Tripoley. This game consists of cards and dimes (or their equivalent in your current situation--right now we're using ten cent pieces) and is a combination of poker and maybe rummy? Anyway, you win by drawing certain cards and getting the opportunity to play them. I never win. If I take three dollars I come home with nothing, if I take a hundred dollars, I come home with nothing. The rest of the ladies show up with jars of coins from previous games, mine comes in the plastic baggies the banks here give you with your coin order. When you run out of money you should quit the game but my particular case is so pitiful that other people donate money to me. Last night I lost all of my money and then all the pity money I received. I really only go for the buffet and it's a good thing.

L,
E

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Gee, Edwina. I never took you for such a gambler. Sorry to hear about your losses. Why don't you recommend playing for Hershey kisses? Seems to me they'd be a better compliment to the fine buffet spread ... or any spread for that matter. Do you take Paula Deen dishes to the Tripoley Fests?

L,
Rowena

Edwina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edwina said...

You know we don't have Hershey kisses here. I've never known you to be so cruel Rowena. I can't talk to you now...sniff, sniff....

E

Rowena said...

Oh, Ed! Sorry! But you all do have TimTams. I can't have gluten, but I'd about be willing to risk the danger for those Timtam things. Let me know when it is safe to mail chocolate, and I will send you some Hershey kisses. How's that? Better now?

L,
Rowena

Edwina said...

Mail away, it's winter in the Alice...

Alls Forgiven,

Ed