Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Happy Stacker?

My name is Rowena, and I am a stacker.

I have stacks of everything from mail to plates to picture frames to a patrillion and twelve issues of National Geographic and Oprah's magazine (I am a subscriber of neither).

I am on my 572nd homeschool organizational plan, and once again I am relying heavily on stacks. Now I like organization - no, change that: I love organization. There should be a place for everything. Is it ok if that place is a stack?

Stacking is hereditary. I am not sure if it is a dominate trait, but I know it can be a learned trait as well. My mom was a terrific stacker. It seems I either learned or inherited from one of the best. Some people only have the piling gene. Piling isn't nearly as organized, and it distresses me.

Please do not confuse stacking with piling. Piling is a weak and dangerous form of stacking. It seems to be two of my children's preferred method of storing stuff. My daughter's room is currently edged with piles (must keep the dance floor clear!). My second son's piles are practically volcanic. They flow, spew, and erupt. My eldest son, bless him, has some fine stacking skills in development, so it appears that the stacks will keep coming.


The Happy Stacker Poem.

I am a happy stacker. I happily stack, stack, stack
And if my stack should come unstacked, I happily stack it back.

I am such a happy stacker that I have learned to stack
A stack that stacks up four feet high - No stacking skills I lack!

I'm a happy stacker and I stack stacks everywhere
At any place in my house a stack is all stacked there.

I'm a stacker collector. I appreciate a good stack.
If I get tired of seeing a certain stack I upend it in a sack.

Whenever I have to move it will be a cinch to pack-
Just open up a box lid and stack and stack and stack..

I have tried other methods like file and tote and rack
But this happy stacker always returns to the stack.


happy stacking to you all!
Rowena

3 comments:

Edwina said...

Dear Ro,
That has always been one of the things I've most admired about you, your ability to employ decorative stacking as not just a life management skill but also a statement of who you are. Your stacking ability along with your skills in creating mouth watering Barbie food out of salt dough are two of the reasons I still drive hours out of my way to visit you whenever I'm in happy country.

Forever a fan,
E

Rowena said...

No one feeds the Barbies here anymore. I will have to think of another creative way to keep you coming back!

Steenie said...

Oh, E, T, and R, you touch my inner cornucopia! Not only do you seem to hit every nerve, but you have found a few I didn't know I had! I love the stacker poem...as a fellow stacker I know wherof you speak. However, now, with the school year ended, I am faced with having to wade through the stack to find my teacher desk before the next semester begins (the administration frowns on leaving the stack til the next semester).
I have all those unopened boxes of stacks to go through, as well...I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the roll on the floor laughing along with you...whoever is writing the novel...well, ahem...do keep writing...I'm sure you'll find your pace.
Oh, and by the way, my teacher talkie listserv already has the titles of Goddess of Grace and Princess of the Universe taken, and I know we have someone who is in charge of manners, as well...I think you will do well with your Queen of the Universe...
Not sure if you post comments by others not in your circle, but I did love your blog...keep blogging.
Nancy Princess Procrastinator